Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Wednesday afternoon..

Well, My exciting day was filled with aggrivation and aggitation. I was able to find a wireless router at Best Buy that was on sale. It's a Cisco so I figure if it breaks, I should know enough on how to fix it since I deal with Cisco 40 hours out of my week. So here I am, sitting on my floor and I can't get it to work. I've rebooted, I've reset but no connection. So then I get the bright idea to disconnect the wireless router and connect directly to my regular router. Well that's all hosed up now so I go through the troubleshooting and am finally able to make a connection.. Ok. I'm getting somewhere. I reconnect the cisco and same thing, can't find the gateway. So I call tech support and go through the automated help on how to set this thing up. I get half way through and I'm stuck yet again. So I talk to a rep. One of Cisco's finest, I might say. She liked to mumble and every time I asked her either to repeat herself or explain herself, she got into a huff. Well, I'm more technically ept than most of their callers, I'm sure, however I don't believe my questions or asking her to speak clearer were out of line nor were they stupid. I kindly told her that I would try more by myself so as to not disturb her any more, since it was obvious I interrupted her period or something. Anyway, I got it working and life is good. I tried taking a nap however the Ellen show came on and there went that plan. Right now I'm just waiting on the dryer so I can start my next load of laundry. Boy do I love days off...

No comments:

Post a Comment